U ovoj lekciji koristimo tekst “Romeo i Julia” kako bismo naučili nove riječi. Lekcija obrađuje temu na višoj i naprednoj razini.
Lesson 7 – “Romeo and Juliet” by William Shakespeare
In this lesson we will use the text of “Romeo and Juliet” so that we learn new vocabulary. The topic covered in the lesson is at upper-intermediate / advanced level.
Pročitajte tekst i pronađite riječi koje nedostaju.
Read the text and find the missing words.
1. Romeo is describing Juliet when he sees her for the first time:
“O, she doth teach the torches to burn bright!
Like a rich jewel in an Ethiope’s ear;
Beauty too rich for use, for earth too dear!
So shows a snowy dove trooping with crows,”’
Romeo thinks that Juliet is different than other girls. Romeo thinks that Juliet was uniq__________ beautiful. Her beauty was distin____________. Juliet st______ out as being more beautiful than other girls.
2. Tybalt (Juliet’s cousin) is talking to Capulet (Juliet’s father) about Romeo:
“Uncle, this is a Montague, our foe,
A villain that is hither come in spite,
To scorn at our solemnity this night. ”
Tybalt thinks that Romeo is an e_________ (‘‘our foe’’) of the Capulets and that he is a c___________ (“a villain’’).
3. – 8.:
“Lady, by yonder blessed moon I vow,
That tips with silver all these fruit-tree tops”
“O, swear not by the moon, the inconstant moon,
That monthly changes in her circled orb,
Lest that thy love prove likewise variable.”
“Do not swear at all.
Or if thou wilt, swear by thy gracious self,
Which is the god of my idolatry,
And I’ll believe thee.”
- Find two synonyms of the word ‘promise’ – ____________, _______________
- Juliet does not want that Romeo swears by the moon because it changes monthly. Find two words that suggest it: ______________, ___________________
- Find the words that mean ‘you will’ – ________________
- Find the word that means ‘your’ – _______________
- Find the word that means ‘you’ – _______________
- Find the word that means ‘admiration’ – ___________________
Odgovori / Answers:
- uniquely, distinguishable, stands
- enemy, criminal
- vow, swear
- inconstant, variable
- thou wilt