U ovoj lekciji ponavljamo vremena koja izražavaju budućnost. Prepoznajte razlike izmedu šest različitih vremena te vježbajte njihovo korištenje. Lekcija obrađuje temu na srednjoj i višoj razini.
In this lesson we review future tenses. Recognise the differences between six different tenses and practise when to use each of them. The topic covered in this lesson is at intermediate / upper-intermediate level.
Zadatak 1 / Task 1
U engleskom jeziku postoji šest budućih vremena.
There are 6 future tenses in English:
- Future simple (will/shall):_________________
- Present continuous (progressive) (I’m leaving tomorrow):_______________
- Present simple (The classes start at 4pm): ___________________
- ‘Going to’ (I’m going to read a book tonight): ____________________
- Future perfect (The report will have been ready by Friday):_______________
- Future continuous (progressive) (At this time in a month I will be taking exams):_______________
Pridružite sljedeće definicije vremenima navedenima iznad. Za pojedino vrijeme moguće je više definicija.
Match the following definitions with the tenses above. More than one definition can be used for one and the same tense:
- Intention or plans in the future.
- Future events already decided; usually personal arrangements.
- Events that are part of a timetable.
- Predictions of future events.
- To say that something will be finished/completed by a certain time in the future.
- Making promises, threats and announcing decisions.
- Possible future events.
- Commands and refusals (to insist that people do or don’t do things).
- Events that are expected to happen / events in progress in the future.
Zadatak 2 / Task 2
U prazna mjesta unesite ispravni oblik budućeg vremena glagola u zagradama.
Write the right future tense form in the following sentences using the verbs in brackets:
- On Monday afternoon I won’t be able to meet you because I________________________ (visit) out local museum.
- Tom said at the wedding: ‘I _____________(love) you forever.’
- Next weekend I _______________(go) to Paris. I’ve just bought the tickets.
- Next month Jo ________________(turn) 30. We’re organising a birthday party for her.
- This time in a week I _____________________ (lie) on the beach in Morocco.
- By February next year I ___________________ (take) all my exams.
- I’m going home tomorrow. The train _______________ (leave) at 5 pm.
- I’m not going out tonight. I _____________________ (watch) TV tonight.
- It looks like it _______________________ (rain). It looks very dark outside.
- You _______________________ (sit) a test next week regardless of whether you are prepared or not.
Odgovori na Zadatak 1 / Answers to Task 1:
- Future simple: d, g, f
- Present continuous: b, h
- Present simple: c
- ‘Going to’: a, d*
- Future perfect: e
- Future continuous: i
*Za predviđanje događaja u budućnosti možete upotrijebiti going to ili will (future simple).
*For predicting future events you can use either going to or will (Future simple).
Odgovori na Zadatak 2 / Answers to Task 2:
- will be visiting (see definition i)
- will love (see definition f)
- am going (see definition b)
- will turn (see definition g)
- will be lying (see definition i)
- will have taken (see definition e)
- leaves (see definition c)
- am going to watch (see definition a)
- is going to rain / will rain (see definition d)
- are sitting (see definition h)
ZAPAMTITE / REMEMBER!
Izbjegnite česte greške / Avoid common mistakes:
Ne koristite will za buduće planove i dogovore. Koristite going to ili present continuous.
Don’t use will for future plans or arrangements. Use going to and present continuous.
Koristite present continuous za događaje koji su već dogovoreni (I am meeting John for dinner tomorrow at 6pm). Za planove ili buduće namjere koristite going to (I am going to visit John this week. We haven’t decided on the day yet).
Use present continuous for the events that have been arranged (I am meeting John for dinner tomorrow at 6pm). For plans or intentions use going to (I am going to visit John this week. We haven’t decided on the day yet).
Future perfect (The report will have been ready by Friday.) se rijetko koristi. U većini situacija koristi se future simple (will). Koristite future perfect ako želite naglasiti ispunjenje radnje.
Future perfect (The report will have been ready by Friday.) is rarely used. In most of the situations you can use future simple (will). The future perfect form is used to stress completion.