Ova lekcija obrađuje prefikse u engleskom jeziku, odnosno predmetke koji se stavljaju prije riječi kako bi se izrazilo suprotno značenje. Lekcija obrađuje temu na srednjoj i višoj razini.
Lesson 11 – Prefixes
In this lesson we will discuss common prefixes in English that are added to the word to express the opposite meaning (not / without). The topic covered in the lesson is at intermediate and upper-intermediate level.
Tipični prefiksi u engleskom jeziku su:
Common prefixes in English are:
|il-||illegible||(this prefix is usually added to the word that starts with the letter l)|
|im-||impossible||(this prefix is usually added to the word that starts with the letter b, m, p)|
|in-||inaction||(this prefix is usually added to the word that starts with the letter a, c, d, e, f, n, s, t, v)|
|ir-||irresponsible||(this prefix is usually added to the word that starts with the letter r)|
|un-||uncommon||(this is most common prefix in English; it can be added to the word that starts with any letter)|
Zadatak / Task
U sljedećim rečenicama umetnite ispravni prefiks podcrtanim riječima.
Add the correct prefix to the underlined words in these sentences.
- He is so childish and ___mature.
- There are no people living on this island. The island is ___inhabited.
- You can’t really count on him. He is ___reliable.
- He can’t count properly. He is ___numerate.
- She is sometimes so ___sensible; completely unaware of what is going on.
- The issue is still ___decided.
- She can’t easily make a decision; she is ___decisive.
- They can’t read and write. They are ___literate.
Odgovori / Answers